Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A note on crochet (and a bit about knitting)

I have cancelled my subscription to The Art of Crochet. There are several reasons for this.

1. I have completed all of the square patterns at least once.
2. I'm not so keen on the other patterns in the magazine.
3. I will have very limited space in my new house for storage of crafty items.
4. I don't think I can learn much more from it.
5. I prefer square patterns from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton and ones I find online. More imaginative and purty.

I've achieved what I set out to and feel no remorse about not completing the throw. I have The Art of Knitting after all! One subscription is enough for anyone. I only know the basics of knitting so I shall see how I feel about it when I can confidently say the first four things listed above about it.

On a crochet related note, I have made another amigurumi! Meet Barry.


He's a bit cute inne? He was made for my friend Kate because she loves penguins...a lot. He's another Lion Brand pattern (link here, you'll need a [free] account to view it).

In other yarn related news: the sweater I started for Isaac in January. You know...the one that nearly made it to finished item status? Well, it's never going to be finished because now it's TOO BLOODY SMALL for him. Plus it's summer. So meh. Nevermind. I learned that sweaters aren't as hard as I thought they would be and that knitting with circulars isn't as bad as I originally thought. R.I.P. lovely jumper. I've edited my Ravelry queue so I should ctually find myself achieving more, especially if I finish what I cast on and don't buy yarn unnecessarily! I'm told it's manageable. We shall see!

4 comments:

  1. I had a weird dream that i found you an amazing crochet pattern for the ultimate bag. I only just remembered when i was reading this. Thats an odd dream, right? It was very exciting at the time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slightly odd, but wonderful! Now if you could only remember the pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the too-small-before-it's-finished feeling well!

    I really want to get the hang of crochet but just don't enjoy it as much as knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really want that penguin!!! How cute is he?!?!!? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

We love to know who visits us online, take a minute to say hi!