Friday, February 25, 2011

Art of Crochet squares 17 - 24

Square 17.
Again, more rectangular than square :-( I like the colours though. I've read in the Ravelry forums (from people who are ahead of me) that these ones are sewn together so that the stitches don't face the same way. WHAT??? I don't like the sound of this...
Square 18.
I really like this square. It's simple and still quite classy. It, along with three others, forms the centre of the throw.
Square 19.
Granny nĂºmero tres. Muy bueno.
 Square 20.
This one was a MILLION times easier to work up the second time around. A) it didn't take so damn long and B) I'd started to crochet in all of my ends as I go so there wasn't any evil weaving in after I'd finished. Yay!
 Square 21.
The first of who knows how many checker board squares which are essentially DCs (US) and chains. Purty.
 Square 22.
Another granny, using Maize (LOL) as the outer colour. 
Square 23.
Another non-square-square.
Square 24.
I really like this square. It's the only embroidered one I haven't substituted, the reason being it calls for blanket stitch which looks the same on both sides. Very pretty and fun to make. Well done Hachette! The only thing I'd do differently is space the coloured hole rows more evenly through the square so that there were 2 rows between each throw, but Simon pointed out that it may look better as it is when in-throw. We shall see.









I'm actually up to square 36, but I haven't crocheted 26 & 30 because, you guessed it, they feature embroidery that I don't like an I'm stewing over what to substitute. I might actually catch up! Watch this space.

This throw's gonna be massive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know who visits us online, take a minute to say hi!