Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The cookies that broke my whisk

The recipe was written by Isa thingy-whatsit (no offence Isa) & can be found for free on the PPK website here. I've made them once before. With hindsight, I probably should've used a different attachment on both occasions; no cookie dough should do what it did going through the whisk! Or I should've used my hands, which is what I resorted to when Ms Whiskie croaked her last. Gutted.

Bugger the cookies, look at the PLATE!
 Look at them, aren't they beautiful? So aesthetically pleasing. They taste pretty good too!


I like to think of them as what would happen if a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie had babies. They are, though, very chocolatey which is not good for gorging because one can't gorge for very long before one feels sick. This could be considered a plus point if you are, like me, unable to leave freshly baked cookies alone...when they're just out of the oven...and still warm...soft in the middle...gooey chocolate...

ENOUGH! 

Real food lunch time.



Oh, I forgot to say. They're 100% vegan. I use Organica Vegan Chocolate Couverture Bar (which I get from my local whole food store) for the chocolate chips. It tastes pretty much like milk chocolate, but without the sicky icky feeling you get from eating milk chocolate. Anyhoo, I digress. It's prefect for these cookies as I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate in cookies that are already pretty dark. It lightens the taste of them somewhat, but if you like lots of dark chocolate then what the hey!



There I go again. Going now. 

*gone*

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know who visits us online, take a minute to say hi!