Thursday, February 04, 2010

Delivery delerium!

My yarn arrived from Lion Brand yesterday :-D


I'm not so keen on Vanna White, whoever she may be, staring at me from my lovely yarn though.

The arrival of said yarn means that I can stop kidding myself about knitting in the round. Knitting with 5 needles is JUST RIDICULOUS! I think I was only really doing it to pass the time until the above arrived. I've also come to realise that crochet is better than knitting (for me). Period. It's OK if you've been knitting for years & don't make mistakes, but for relative beginners (despite knowing how to knit for going on 18 years now) like me who occasionally slip up (or slip stitches in the wrong place i.e.: at the beginning, thus throwing off one's whole row) it is definitely not OK. With crochet each stitch is complete thus relatively easy (but not not painless) to undo & redo.With knitting on the other hand, if a mistake is spied, one has to frog the whole freaking row(s) & then spend an age faffing about with unpicking stitches, then getting them back on the needle (facing the right way too I might add) whilst ensuring no additional, unintentional stitches are dropped! Bleh. I'll stick to my one-at-a-time craft for now ta. I'm sure I'll get around to knitting my Grace Lace Beret at some point, but for now it won't even make it to UFO status because my mind is amigurumi filled!!

I found out the other day that doing what I've described before (i.e.: unpicking row(s) of knitting is called frogging. Apparently this is because you have to "rippit" out. I couldn't make that up. Seriously. :???:

In the background of the yarn shot you can just see a small section of…*drum roll please*…my lovely new sewing machine that arrived a few days ago! I know, right? The lady in the shop was surprised too. :-|


I’ve made one thing so far & that (sewing machine wise) only required 3 lines of straight stitch. The thing in question is Isaac’s cot bed tent – a collaboration of father-daughter skills. It’s rather nifty and we’re pretty pleased, even if we do say so ourselves :-) I sewed & Dad drilled.

I. Love. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know who visits us online, take a minute to say hi!